« Home | Followers in the Far East! » | » | GOD is a DJ! » | Of Sunglasses and Baseball Caps » | Drunk. I am. » | Leave me alone! » | Exhilaration of Acceleration! » | -Reaffirmation- » | For Whom The Bell Tolls » | Aint that too GOOD? » 

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 

Got It!

I decided to get a new cell phone (Handy in German) and guess what? I got it! The fully loaded M600i from Sony Ericsson. Well, my fourth one in as many years.

My cell phone sojourn started when I was in the penultimate year of my engg. circa 2003 with the infamous Reliance LG RD2030. It was good given the circumstances and the billing (ahem!). I used it for logging onto the internet in my hostel room where any contact with the outside world was dealt with a heavy hand and the enforcers were too dumb about the potentialities of a mediocre phone (duh!).

Next year when the huge Reliance phone fracas ensued, I was by then only too willing to be rid of that. After a few phone less months, which I spent in hunting (read researching, finding the best possible one to suit my requirements) for a new phone, I finally decided upon the Nokia 3650, one of the earliest models running the Symbian S60. The best phone I have used till date including my new one. The amount of detail that went into the phone made it a real pleasure to use (but a brick to carry).

Well, finally the 3650 gave up on me and refused to start up ever since. I suddenly got a fascination for flip opens and so the Sony Ericsson Z520i landed in my pocket. Nothing much to write home about but it served me well, actually the longest serving one till date.

Its time i changed my phone and change I did! After working on a software project for developing mobile phones, I am now totally disillusioned with high end phones and tonnes of features. But I wanted a phone which was not a routine run of the mill one seen in every John, Jacob and George's hands. The result: SE M600i.The boon to mankind! I'm just kidding. A lot of work still needs to be done on this one here.

This is one of the earliest phones to come out with Symbian UIQ3 OS. DejaVu anyone?. Whats with me and these untried and unseasoned and half cooked Symbian recipes?

Bottom line - I like the phone a lot... It has a steep learning curve, but once that is behind you, its a joy to have with the huge 262k TFT and touch screen and Office suite for editing Word, Excel and Ppts to view PDFs. To have the functionality of a PDA in just 2 mm more than the Moto Razr - I would kill for it. And I got a 2 GB M2 stick to boot. HeeeHAW!

Labels: ,

Keep Away Kid!

~My Photography Blog~


About me

  • I'm $T3EL
  • From India
  • And thus I clothe my naked villainy With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ; And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
My profile

PeeeeepShow

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from neptune000. Make your own badge here.
www.flickr.com
www.flickr.com

Go To Project Gutenberg

Yo Cant Hide yo Ass!


This is how unpopular my blog is!!
Locations of visitors to this page