« Home | Hooray!! » | My Quest for the Holy Grail...err no.. the Indian ... » | Cut to size! » | Return of the Doctor! » | Shoot the Dog! » | The Long and Short of it » | FAILURE is the stepping stone for SUCCESS » | Adios Gringo! » | 2004-2005 Final Year in SVCE » | ... back then... » 

Thursday, June 01, 2006 

My Notebook - HP Pavilion dv1376tu

After using my laptop for nearly three months now, I think I am ably qualified to give a very knowledgeable opinion/review/critique/whatever about it.
Some where in the fall '05 my old desktop gave up the ghost and conked out on me. The end was inevitable for it had been behaving not unlike Napolean during his exile on the island of Saint Helena (2800 km off the Bight of Guinea), who, it is believed to have been subjected to a gradual poisoning by Arsenic. But wait, I digress...
The point here is about my old comp and not about Napolean. Onward.
So, after its eventual demise, it was only natural that any effort and expense on my part to bring it back among the alive 'n' kicking would only suffice in proving the Law of diminishing returns. Putting 2 and 2 together I decided to get myself a laptop and began scouting the market for the perfect PC to fit my bill.
My requirements were
1. Small and lightweight. Ideally 5lbs or less.
2. DVD writer
3. A good processor
4. Atleast 512 Mb RAM
5. >60Gb HDD
6. And all the usual blah about the heat, looks etc
After a long search, I found HP dv1376tu, the boon to mankind!
  • 1.8ghz Centrino Processor
  • 512mb ram (512x1)
  • WinXP Home
  • 80gb 4200rpm HD
  • LightScribe, Dual-layer, DVD+/-RW
  • Brightview Option
  • Intel 2200 b/g wireless w Bluetooth
  • 6 cel battery
  • Remote Control - yeah baby!!
  • A pair of earbuds - not johnson & jonson Duh!!
Game Playin, bein the major gaming freak that I am, is the only thing (mostly) I do with my laptop. And if you are wondering(even if u r not... I dont give two hoots) what my 80 Gigs is filled up with, here goes a sample...
1. Indigo Prophecy
2. GTA - San Andreas
3. GTA - Vice City
4. NFS - Underground
5. NFS Most Wanted
6. Counter Strike
7. Max Payne, Hitman Contracts, Quake and Unreal Tournament (The last and also the BEST!!)

All in all, this is the best Laptop I've ever used. I have used both the Thinkad and the famous Compaq V2000, but i can assure you that they come nowhere close to the dv1000!

Keep Away Kid!

~My Photography Blog~


About me

  • I'm $T3EL
  • From India
  • And thus I clothe my naked villainy With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ; And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
My profile

PeeeeepShow

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from neptune000. Make your own badge here.
www.flickr.com
www.flickr.com

Go To Project Gutenberg

Yo Cant Hide yo Ass!


This is how unpopular my blog is!!
Locations of visitors to this page